Sonntag, 25. Mai 2014

How to grow Kohlrabi



Kohlrabi
This mild cabbage-like veggie is great
for salads und stirfrey.

Kohlrabi Is a member of cabbage family.
Kohrabi grows fast und produces adible globes or
swollen steem bases with should you harvested at abour´
golf- to tennisball size within just a couple of months
from sowing.

Planting:
Kohlrabi grows in loose average soil.
When seedlings are around 4 inches tall,
thin plants,to 5 inches apart in rows 1 foot apart.

Growing:

Keep plants well watered and free of weeds,
put down a mulch to help accomplish both task.
Cultivate carefully to keep from damaging the 
delicate,shallow roots.

Harvesting:

Use young leaves in salads and stir fries
Kohlrabi will keep for several weeks in the 
refrigerator.





I grow my Kohlrabi this year in window-boxes
and raising bed.

I hope of a good harvest.

Wish you a wonderful Sunday!

  


Kommentare:

  1. Hello Regina! For some reason your blog never shows new posts on my bog, so I'll just check in from time to time to see what you are up to. Used to grow kohlrabi, but haven't in several years. You have me thinking that maybe I should this year!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I love that veggie !! It looks wonderful.
    Have a great day.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Thank you so much for this post!!!!! It was very helpful!!! I am very much looking forward to harvesting my own Kohlrabi this growing season! Thanks again so very, very much!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Ich liebe Kohlrabi!! Leider waechst der bei mir im Garten immer gar nicht gut und auch in den Laeden ist er etwas schwer zu finden. :-(
    Viele liebe Gruesse aus dem regnerischen Alabama,
    Anke

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Hi! I have never eaten Kohlrabi that I know of! I am a plain cook. LOL You are ambitious to crochet that big blanket! Nancy

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. This is not a vegetable we have tried yet but must do that.. I am sorry about the email as someone hacked my email but it should be right now.. Sorry..

    AntwortenLöschen