Samstag, 26. November 2011

Christstollen

This week I have only baked my Christstollen,
because I feel me not well.
I have pain in my bones and back
I hope the next week will be better.






Here the recipe for you

350g raisin soaked in 1/8 litre rum
1000gram plain flour
80 gram fresh yeast
3/8 litre lukewarm milk
150 gram sugar
500 gram butter
1 pinch salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cardamon
100 gram chopped almonds
100 gram diced citron

baking paper for baking tray
100gramm butter for brushing the stollen
confectionars sugar

In a large bowl,stift together the dry ingredients.
Stir in the warm milk and melted butter
add the dissolved yeast.Knead until fairly smooth.
Add the dried fruits,almonds ,raisin to the dough
and continue kneading on a floured board for about
10 minutes.If dough is sticky,knead in more flour.
Place dough in a buttered bowl,
cover with a towl and let it rise in a warm place
for 3 hours
Punch down and cut dough into two parts
and place on a paper on the lined baking tray
let rise again 15minutes

preheat the oven to 180 °C

and than bake the stollen 60-70 minutes
after baking brush the warm stollen with butter

This is a old family recipe......I bake the stollen each year
My family and friends like the stollen very.

I linked up hausfrausleidenschaft
I am wishing you a wonderful first Advent sunday
Blessings, Regina


Kommentare:

  1. Hi Regina,
    So sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I will keep you in prayer.
    Thank you for the recipe for the Stollen. I will certainly give it a try. Looks great! :-)
    Blessings,
    Anne ♥

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Dearest Regina
    I'm sorry you are not feeling well.I hope you get better soon
    The Christstollen looks amazing
    Love and Hugs
    Debbie x

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Hi Regina,
    Your stollen looks wonderful! I made one years ago when I was a teenager. I read the books Papa's wife and Papa's Daughter (I can't remember who wrote them) and they had recipes in them. That was one of the recipes.
    I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling well, I hope the pain lets up soon, so you can do the things that you enjoy doing.
    Hugs, Cindy

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Hope you are feeling better, soon..
    Thank you for the recipe..
    Blessings..

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. I can see why your family loves your stollen, Regina! It looks wonderful!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Dear Regina, have a blessed first Advent Sunday! I hope you feel better very soon.
    -Jaime

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Regina, I'm sorry you are not feeling well :( Your baking looks delicious - I can just imagine it with a HOT cup of tea...

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. this looks so delicious and warm! i'm definitely going to have to try these.

    my husband is in germany today--in the Rheinfeld/Eifel region :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. That looks so very delicious !!
    I hope you will be feeling better soon !!

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Oh dear Regina... I am sorry that you are having pain. I hope that you are feeling better soon!

    Your stollen looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing your recipe.

    Take care of you, and feel better soon.

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. This recipe looks wonderful, I love Stollen for Christmas! I am really enjoying reading you blog, and have decided to pass along a Liebster Blog award to you, the award can be found at the end of my post here: http://www.aprilshomemaking.com/2011/11/more-blogging-fun-bit-of-christmas.html

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. Hi, Regina, that recipe sounds delicious! I hope you are well!

    Have a nice day.

    Vicki

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. The stollen looks delicious. Just yesterday a friend gave me one that she had bought in a German market, here in Canada.
    Thank you for your visit to my blog and I hope you are feeling better.
    -Karen

    AntwortenLöschen
  14. I am going to try this recipe. Thank you for sharing it!!

    AntwortenLöschen